As far as formal events go, the big question is always, “Over or under dressed – which is worst?” The answer is not as simple as one would like, as a lot depends on the event itself, and if you are in any doubt about what to wear for the up and coming Function, here is some sage advice that will ensure you get it right on the night.
- Seek Out Expert Advice – Whatever the occasion, there are people who are very knowledgeable regarding appropriate dress for formal events, and with online solutions, it is simple to get the opinion of others regarding this topic. If you want to be the Belle of the Ball, check out the 2018 Sherri Hill prom dresses at Peaches Boutique, a respected online supplier of quality designer dresses for all occasions.
- Overdressing – If it is a clear choice between over and underdressing for a formal occasion, one should err on the side of the over, as this will leave a less negative impression than the other way round. If you use a trusted dress retailer, they would be able to advise you accordingly, and most would respond within the hour. A reputable designer dress retailer, for example, would not want their customers to wear anything inappropriate and would therefore offer their expert advice.
- The Self Analysis – All you need for this is a full length mirror and the ability to see yourself as others might. Once you have completed a full dress rehearsal – that includes make up – you can stand in front of the mirror and try to assess how things look. You could always take a full length selfie and send it to someone you think would know about suitability for the event in question, and do this as soon as you can, as if there are alterations to be mad, you will need adequate time.
- Hair and Make Up – If the outfit is suitable, but the hair or makeup isn’t, then nothing is to be gained. Once you have made a firm gown selection, the next step is to think about hair and makeup. Most girls have at least one stylist they trust, and if ever you needed her help, this would be the time, so involve her as soon as you can, and she will ensure that you don’t make any errors in the appearance stakes. If you are going to prom, it is likely you have little or no experience with makeup, and in that case, there are some great tutorials for makeup beginners that will give you the necessary information.
- Skin Condition – If you are planning on showing some skin, then it might be an idea for tanning sessions, or perhaps a spa treatment. Do this a couple of days before the formal event and your skin will complement you with a healthy glow, and for self-confidence, it is always good to pamper yourself a little during the days leading up to the event. While your appearance must be top notch, let us not forget personality, and if you feel good, you will also look the part.
For any woman that is not confident in her ability to select the right outfit for any given occasion, there is a choice of solutions available. Your good friends can certainly provide valuable input, and the Internet is the perfect platform from which to get that essential confirmation that you have, in fact, got it right!